How Pediatric Dentists Say to Treat Your Child’s Toothache
As a parent, it hurts you when tooth pain is bothering your child. Discover what may be causing their pain and ways to treat the trouble.
Get to the Root of Your Child’s Toothache
Despite maintaining good oral hygiene and cavity prevention habits, your child may experience the trouble of a toothache. It’s important to learn the source of their pain to know if it’s a dental emergency or a common condition of childhood. If your child is facing severe tooth pain or swelling, take your child to a kid’s dentist immediately to uncover the source of their suffering. According to pediatric dentists, mouth pain can be caused by any of the following factors:
- The recent or upcoming eruption of teeth
- A loose tooth
- Tooth decay, which is why cavity prevention is so important
- A dental abscess
- Food or particles trapped between teeth, which is why daily flossing is essential
- Mouth sores
- Sinus infections
Help and Heal Toothaches in Children
It’s not always easy to know what’s causing your child’s toothache. If your child is old enough, ask them to point to the painful tooth. In young children, pediatric dentists say the most common signs of mouth pain include excessive drooling, crankiness, and severe sensitivity when their mouth or teeth are touched. To discover the cause of your child’s discomfort, try these expert tips from pediatric dentists:
- Examine their mouth wearing medical gloves.
- Ask the child to rinse with warm water to see if it soothes their pain.
- Use dental floss to remove any food or particles trapped in their teeth, which may be causing pressure and pain.
- Check for swelling around the tooth, which may signal a dental abscess.
- Look for loose teeth.
- If you can’t find the source of their tooth pain, schedule a visit to a kid’s dentist immediately to soothe their ache and agony.
“Muy buena atención”
“This is by far the best Medicaid dental office that I have been to with my children I will be recommending all of my loved ones and friends to this office the office manager Helen was by far phenomenal. Cherine the other front desk lady was a very nice help explaining about the insurances and what they cover and do not cover. Everyone in the back are kid-friendly.I’m extremely happy with this office and cannot wait for their next appointment. I wish I could give you all 10 Stars Thank you from the Young Family”