Dec 29, 2015 - 11:12 AM EST | Posted under: General
Finding the right pediatric dentist can affect your child’s view of the dentist for the rest of their lives. If they have a good experience, they’ll have a positive outlook on going to the dentist and they’ll want to take care of their teeth. Learn how to find the best kid’s dentist for your child.
Locate Leading Pediatric Dentists
Providing your child with a pleasant dental experience begins with finding the right kid’s dentist. To make the best choice for your child, you have to seek out reliable sources and then check every option for proper training and certification. Use these trusted tips to help search for pediatric dentists:
- Collect recommendations from your friends, family, and neighbors.
- Ask your child’s pediatrician to refer your to the best kid’s dentist.
- Go online to research local dentists.
- Check out respected dental websites since many feature online tools for finding reputable dentists.
Consult with Your Candidates
Once you’ve narrowed down your options, schedule consultations to meet with each of the pediatric dentists on your list. There is no obligation with consultations, but they are simply a way for your child to interact with the pediatric dentists and to learn about their unique approaches to care. During each consultation, ask yourself these 10 questions:
- What is the dentist’s experience?
- How is the child reacting to the kid’s dentist?
- Is the pediatric dentist friendly and engaging?
- Is the dentist patient with your questions?
- Does the dentist take the time to explain procedures and practices?
- Is the dental clinic kid-friendly?
- Is the staff approachable and welcoming?
Is the dental clinic equipment modern and small enough for a young child’s comfort?
- Are their hours convenient?
- Is it easy to get convenient appointments?
- What is the dental clinic’s emergency care policy?
Choose Your Kid’s Dentist
Once you meet with all of your candidates, review each of their qualities and narrow down your choices to the one with the best practices, policies, and personality traits. This will lead you to the dental clinic and kid’s dentist that are right for your child’s smile.