Porcelain Crowns – Strongest Treatment For Restoring Your Smile
If your child’s teeth are damaged or discolored, you may want to consider porcelain crowns for kids. It’s one of the strongest, most durable treatments and can greatly improve their appearance. Discover whether this treatment is right for your child’s needs.
See the Beauty and Benefits of Porcelain Crowns for Kids
Many children don’t feel good about their smile because it’s damaged or discolored. Luckily, you can improve your child’s smile and their overall confidence by getting them porcelain crowns. This is a common dental treatment that offers outstanding cosmetic and restorative results. Pediatric dentists often recommend porcelain crowns for children because they’re stronger than other dental treatments and can last for years with proper care. A porcelain crown can provide many dental benefits, including:
- Improving the smile’s overall appearance
- Correcting chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Filling gaps in teeth
- Re-shaping crooked teeth
- Covering badly decayed or damaged teeth
- Masking stained or discolored teeth
Take a Better Look at the Porcelain Crown Procedure
When considering porcelain crowns for children, it’s important to know that they’re only used on a child’s permanent teeth. They are made of a tooth-colored porcelain and are custom-created in a dental lab to fit your child’s smile. The procedure involves these steps:
- At the first dental visit, the pediatric dentist will take impressions of your child’s teeth.
- At this time, some of the natural tooth structure will need to be removed to allow the porcelain crown to fit. But a temporary crown will be placed over the tooth until the final crown is created.
- A few weeks later, your child will return to the dental office and their custom-made porcelain crowns will be placed on their teeth.
- Your child may require follow-up dental visits to check on their satisfaction and comfort.
Cover all the Considerations of Porcelain Crowns for Children
Porcelain crowns can correct many cosmetic and restorative dental problems. They are also stain-resistant, durable, and can last for many years. Yet it’s important to be aware that porcelain crowns affect more of the tooth’s natural structure than other treatment options, as well as costing a bit more. But the excellent results and durability they offer make them well worth it to many. Carefully weigh these factors and talk to your pediatric dentist to see if porcelain crowns are the perfect fit for your child’s smile.
“Great visit from beginning to end. I was pleased how everyone interact with my son and also Dr. Coro pleasant manner to connect with him as well. It’s really nice to experience a visit where everyone is professional and conveys a positive, friendly position.”
“From the moment of arrival to waiting to be seen and the moment they called my sons name was absolutely great. My documents were already pre-made by me so all I had to do was turn them in and sign it. The waiting room has toys to keep your little one busy. Waiting time was literally less than 30 min. The dental hygienist was so patient with my almost two year old and the dr.garcia was quick and straight to the point and also amazing with my baby. Both doctor and hygienist made my little one feel comfortable highly recommend!”