When to Rush Your Child to an Emergency Dentist
Dental problems can happen to anyone, but they can be very scary when they happen to your child. To see which dental disasters require emergency treatment, use this handy guide.
A Cracked or Broken Tooth
When your child comes to you with a cracked or broken tooth, you may not know what to do. If the tooth is badly damaged and the child is in pain, you need to immediately take your child to an emergency dentist Florida, Maryland and Virginia. When this happens to your child, take the problem seriously and follow these simple steps:
- Rinse your child’s mouth with warm water.
- Place a cold compress on your child’s cheek to minimize discomfort and swelling, but wait for the dentist’s instructions before giving your child pain relievers.
- Take your child to an emergency dentist immediately.
A Knocked-out Tooth
Did you know that when your child’s tooth is knocked out, there’s a much higher chance of saving the tooth when you seek emergency dental services Florida, Maryland and Virginia within one hour? To increase the odds of reattaching the tooth, use these four helpful tips:
- Try to find the tooth.
- Once you’ve located it, hold the tooth only by its enamel to avoid touching the delicate root.
- Clean the tooth by rinsing it gently in water, without rinsing or scrubbing away any tissue connected to the root.
- Put the tooth back in its socket or place it in a water-filled plastic bag with a pinch of salt as you travel to the emergency dentist.
A Dental Abscess
This is one of the most serious dental conditions that should never be ignored. An abscess is a bacterial infection that occurs inside the tooth. It’s typically caused by a chip in the enamel, a broken tooth, or decay. If your child experiences severe mouth pain and swelling, this is a telltale sign of an abscess and you must take your child to an emergency dental services Florida, Maryland and Virginia clinic right away. If your child doesn’t see an emergency dentist, the infection will only spread and threaten their dental and overall health.
“Dr. Feldon and the entire office staff took wonderful care of my daughter’s teeth these past two years. When we came to Dr. Feldon, my daughter had teeth on top of each other, one tooth directly behind her front teeth–an awful mess! But Dr.Feldon laid out a plan that was painless and effective. My daughter has perfect beautiful smile. And best of all–never a wait for appointments! I recommend this office highly!”
“Great customer service”