Why Your Child’s Baby Teeth Need to be Babied
As a parent, you may think that baby teeth aren’t important because they’re going to fall out anyway. But your pediatric dentist will disagree because baby teeth actually pave the way for your child’s future dental health.
Protection for Dental Health and Happiness
Even though baby teeth fall out at an early age, they make a major a difference in later dental development and health. According to family dentistry experts, a child who has unhealthy teeth greatly increases their risk of tooth decay and dental disease in their teen years and as an adult. In addition to affecting dental health, childhood tooth decay can lead to:
- Tooth loss
- Other infections in the body
- Speech problems
- Lack of proper nutrition
- Low self-esteem
- Costly corrective treatment
But by regularly having your child see a kid’s dentist and taking good care of their baby teeth, you can reduce your child’s risk of these problems.
Caring for Your Child’s Baby Teeth
You can help your child have healthy baby teeth by establishing good oral habits from a very early age. To prepare your child for a lifetime of dental health, family dentistry experts recommend these four simple steps:
- Take your child to a pediatric dentist by their first birthday to start developing healthy oral hygiene habits.
- Brush your child’s baby teeth at least twice a day with a small toothbrush.
- Fill your child’s bedtime bottle with water instead of sugary formula, milk, or juice, all of which can cause early tooth decay.
- Schedule regular visits to a kid’s dentist for cleanings, check-ups, and necessary treatment.
“My oldest son has had a bad experience somewhere else. He had to get work done but here at mains street they talked him though it and we went in and out thank goodness . My heart pounding and I was so nervous but I have to say I love it here. My son did great and so did everyone in the room. I can’t now thank them enough how smooth it was .”
“Before I came to Main Street dental I was terrified of the dentist. But after a few visits I’m no longer afraid. I love it here. The staff is so friendly and sweet they make you feel so comfortable for something that’s not so comfortable. Highly recommend! And the plus side is that they play kids movies in all of the rooms which I personally love. Thank you guys so much!”